Thursday, July 26, 2007

The five hottest rockers

To celebrate my last day of classes for the summer term, today's post is going to be completely brainless. Here are, in my opinion, the five hottest rocker stars:

Number 5: Ryan Star

Born: January 7, 1978
Known from: Rock Star: Supernova
Star gets the number 5 spot because I don't really know him from a rock band, but rather from reality television. Regardless, he was my favourite contestant on Supernova and I was very sad when he was voted off.
Check him out playing his own song, Back of Your Car here.



Number 4: Trent Reznor
Born: May 17, 1965
Known from: Nine Inch Nails
Okay okay, at 42 he's a little old for me. Regardless, he's aged well, and he's still relevent! NIN's most recent album Year Zero is amazing. You can check out one of the videos, Only, here.





Number 3: John Mayer
Born: October 16, 1977
Known from: Being John Mayer
I'm kind of departing from the "rock" rock, but I'll let it slide for Mayer. I love his songs, I love his voice, I love that he's tall and very handsome. This picture is from his new GAP campaign.
Here he is playing Neon from his first album.

Number 2: Sam Roberts

Born: October 2, 1974

Known from: Sam Roberts Band
I love Sam Roberts. I mean, to the extent that I'm a member of the "Sam Roberts is my husband" group on Facebook. I love his music, love that he can pull of the messy, scruffy look, love that he's Canadian.
I found this clip of him playing a Gordon Lightfoot song.

Number 1: Josh Homme


Born: May 17, 1973
Known from: Queens of the Stone Age
I save the best for last. QOTSA has been one of my favourite bands for a while, and I've been holding a torch for Josh for almost as long. It may be my weakness for redheads, or that I listened to his singing for so many hours that I began to imagine he's singing for me, but he just does it for me.
Here are the Queens doing their hit No One Knows on acoustic.

2 comments:

User said...

Good post. Agreeable, for sure!

Congrats on finishing classes for 2B --YEEEAAHH PARTY!!!

Mary said...

Interesting....but I think I only agree with Sam Roberts and John Mayer - both of which, I must point out, are actually very good guitar players.
Congrats on the last day of classes! Now all you have to do is focus on studying for exams and then it's off to FRAAAAAAANNNNNCCCEE!!! (Hmm...kinda looks like it should be pronounced France-y. :P)
I'd like to come up the long weekend, and I know you said you were okay with it, but can you ask the other folks there? (unless you already did - in that case, props!) I will also be bringing my DE stuff to study as my exam is the following Saturday.
Good luck on exams! ^_^