Monday, July 2, 2007

Canada Day Celebrations

Just as we planned, my friends and I trekked up to the Columbia Ice Fields yesterday to partake in the Canada Day festivities.
Here is the crew: me, Mary, Chelsea and Chris.


Here are some adorable lemurs that were in the petting zoo.


A giant octopus kite.



Me enjoying "the champagne of ginger ale."

The delicious pulled pork sandwiches we all ate. I cannot explain how delectable they were. There were other food vendors there, but this stand has their own smoke-cooker apparatus and advertised all the awards they'd won. Here is the site if you're curious http://www.kitchenerbbq.com/.

Although it was pretty fun, the daytime stuff was more or less exclusively for little kids. Case in point: Chris and I tried to obtain some free Freezies, but were denied because they were "for the kids." BOOO!! On the plus side, we saw a lot of adorable kids, especially twins for some reason.

We came back to the Ice Fields for the 10pm fireworks. I haven't seen decent fireworks in ages, so I was really blown away.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Vero! This weekend was such a blast. I'm glad my photos turned out - that picture of you looks really good and the photo of us is definitely one of our 'buddy' photos. We'll keep it forever! (I just think that I should note that I look really strained to smile in that photo.) The fireworks WERE really cool to look at and they did such a good job planning it out. Go Waterloo! I hope I can come back in a couple of weeks, but I'll definitely try for the Civic Holiday weekend. Yay! - Mary & Chelsea