Friday, November 30, 2007

School.Art.Hair.

I finally did my presentation on Hogarth this morning. I was so nervous last night, I stayed up till 2am preparing and I couldn't fall asleep until 3:30am. Nonetheless, I got my ass to school for 9am and did the damn thing and, apparently, I kicked it's ass. The teacher said I did a really good job (and my French is impeccable??? Except for remember whether a noun is masculine or feminine, which she understands). So I think I'll get a good mark on that one. Yay!!!!




I felt so good about that, I decided to be cultural tonight and go see an art exhibit all by my lonesome. I wound up checking out Allemagne: les annees noires, which was showing German works from the first world war by artists like Otto Dix and Max Beckmann. Some of my favourite works were Dix's prints from his collection Der Krieg (War). Here's some examples of the works:


Otto Dix, Wounded Soldier, 1924 (etching & aquatint)


George Grosz, Soldiers Charging, 1927


Other than that, the other big thing is that I got a hair cut! I had Alan's cute hairdresser, Christophe, do it. He was really nice and I think he did a good job. I love it when they cut a lot of hair off and your head feels so much lighter.

Old hair: New hair:
Just don't ask me why I'm posing like such a goofball.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Veronique - I like the new hair. Of course, I always liked your hair - it's so shiny! I'm glad your presentation went well too!
I think I would enjoy that art exhibit because it looks like cartoons...maybe that's not the best way to describe it, but that's why I think I would be interested.

Oh, Alistair wanted to know if you are still planning to move your furniture out at the beginning of the new term. He was wondering because he was looking for more furniture to replace yours. I wasn't sure if you were, so that's why I'm asking.

That's it for now! We've got exams coming up, so we're just busy studying; that's pretty much it.

Ciao!

Véronique said...

Hey Mary,
The prints do look like cartoons. I think that may be why I liked it so much too. I won't be moving my furniture until next fall probably. Alistar can just hang on to it till then.
Good luck with the studying!

User said...

Love the new haircut! And I told you the presentation would be fine. Congrats!