Sunday, January 27, 2008

A giant, picture-filled post to make up for the fact that I haven't posted in a while

So I know it's been a damn long time since I've last posted. I guess there hasn't been too much to report. I've been mostly lying in bed the last few days doing nothing, and the less I do the less willing I am to get up and be productive. I'm fairly certain I'm only attending to my blog now is because I have to study for an exam tomorrow, and blogging is less effort. I am a professional procastinator!

First off, watch this video of Flight of the Conchords, a comedy, folk song duo from New Zealand. They do a song about a sexy song called "Business Time."







I've just been watching a bunch of their songs on YouTube, and they are all hilarious. Here are a few pictures from the Christmas holidays.

Les Galeries Lafayette


Paris at Christmastime

La famille
Melanie, Camille, and Mom (she's kissing Camille's hand. How cute is that baby!)

Me in Santa mode



My cousin Dave has already come and gone. We had a lot of fun together, but I was mostly stressed about my Goya exam and didn't get to spend as much time with him as I would have liked. We didn't go to Amsterdam either.


But we did do some cool shit together. We got to ride the giant ferris wheel at Place de la Concorde.

The wheel



The view from the wheel We checked out the Louvre, and the inverted pyramid (and the Starbucks. Dave loves Starbucks)
La grande arche de la Defense (which is in the business area of Paris. Apparently all of Notre Dame cathedral could fit inside).
The Pompidou Centre (the line-ups were crazy so we only looked at the building)
La musee des arts et metiers


And the Moulin Rouge, where we ate a nice dinner, watched a wonderfully tacky show, and met two cool Austrailian guys sitting next to us.

Now I really need to get studying for this friggin' exam.

p.s. Please comment! I'm lonely and I love reading them. God I'm desperate.

2 comments:

Peter N. Trinh said...

Heya, Veronique!
Hope all's going well. And I'm reading your blog!

Mary said...

Vero!

All I've got to say is that we're going to burn you a copy of the first season of 'Flight of the Conchords'. I think it's one of THE funniest shows out there!

:D