Sunday, January 2, 2011

All About Me, a story by my big brother.

Here is a story my brother wrote when he was probably about 12 years old. I'm going to date this around 1994ish. Note that this was probably dictated to our mom and typed out on a TYPEWRITER. Retro, I know. I will insert the teacher's comments in [square brackets].

Enjoy!


Cover Page: All About Me

***

Page 1: HOW AM I UNIQUE

I am unique in many different ways. I could tell you about many unique events that happened to me such as getting stung by a jellyfish or falling asleep with a spoonful of spaghetti in my mouth. Instead I will tell you about what is unique about the inside me. First of all, I will tell you when provoked or annoyed I have a really short temper but when in a good mood I have a good sense of humour. As you can see I am very different to other people.

[Is this you Georges!]

***

Page 2: MY GOOD AND BAD QUALITIES

I have a vast [great word] range of good and bad qualities and due to popular demand I will start with my good qualities. Some of my rood qualities are that I am kind and respectful. This wins a lot of respect among my elders. I don't normally put people down either (unless they're annoying and deserve it). I have a good sense of humour as well because if something bad happens to me I will usually take it like a "good egg". Unfortunately I have bad qualities as well. When in a bad mood or in a tired mood I have an irritable and short temper. I also have an uncontrollable laughter in which I cannot stop sometimes and I get in trouble with [rephrase]. As you can see I am a very varied person when it comes to my personality.

Pictures show him in a "good mood" and "tired mood."

***

Page 3: MY PERSONAL AND GLOBAL WISHES

I wish for many things and although I cannot have them all if I could I would wish for the following. First my global wishes. i would like for the world to realize what economy and marketing have done to us and the health of our planet [explain]. I also wish humans will be able to land on Mars by the year 2050, our knowledge about space has only just begun. On that same note I wish (in this lifetime) to make contact with extraterrestrial life. [Really? Are you an X-files fan?]

My personal wishes are to do well in school and extracurricular activities. I also wish to win 5 trillion dollars [Don't we all!] and buy everything possible. If I could I would wish for a huge computer corporation, the Pentagon and of course better T.V. programming. [Georges, you have a wonderful and very unique sense of humor.]

***

Page 4: MY FUTURE AND FUTURE JOB

I believe fate and destiny will lead me into the future and my future jobs. Although I do have wishes I don't believe any of them will come true. I cannot tell you what I will be in the future because, frankly, I do not know. I can tell you this though I will not be anything boring like a lawyer or an accountant. Whatever I do it will be fun and enjoyable to me. [Hope so!]

Note: my brother is currently working as a chartered accountant :-)

***

Page 5: WHAT I THINK ABOUT MOST OFTEN

When I think I am normally worrying. I worry about many things such as what will happen to me today or tomorrow. I also worry about things such as homework and due dates and getting around to meeting them. I also have an oversized conscience so I only worry more about everything.. I think about pleasant things as well though such as visiting an old friend or an upcoming special occasion. these are just a few of the many things I think about. [I always find it interesting to hear what people think about.]

Picture is captioned "Christmas 1987"

***

Page 6: MY WORDS OF WISDOM

My words of wisdom are just a few,
But they are just enough to get you through
Life.
A long hard test of courage and might,
To see if [it] can take the
Fright.
As life takes its harder turns,
A desolate time that leaves a burn.

A test [on] which no one has a perfect score,
But if you try hard, its something to ignore.

[Good!]

I believe the picture is Georges at heavens' golden gates. St. Peter is saying "Good score! Enter."

***

Page 7: MY LIKES AND DISLIKES

Lego
Ice hockey
Killer Instinct
End of school
Soccer

Dolls
Imbeciles
Sisters
Loud noises
Illnesses
Kerfuffles
Evilness
Stealing

I think the pictures speak for themselves. PS. I'm his only sister. *Sad face* (but really I'm laughing.)

***

Page 8: WHO I ADMIRE AND WHY

I admire many people either for what they do, have done or represent. i admire my mom and dad the most for putting up with my little sister and all her annoying and obnoxious ways. [ :) ] I also admire my karate sensei and instructors for balancing karate and a normal life so well. I aspire to be like some of time's greatest geniuses like Albert Einstien and Leonardo Da Vinci. AS you can [see] I admire many people for what they represent in my life. [Good. I'm sure your parents would like to see this! ]

Picture is captioned "Mom & Dad"

***


Page 9: THE ACTIVITIES I ENJOY

I enjoy a variety of different activities. one of the things I enjoy doing is training in the martial arts. It makes me stronger as well as relieves stress from school. The card game MAGIC [Don't know it!] is another one of my favourite pastimes it beats watching cheap T.V. [ :) ] My favourite sport would have to be soccer. It is fast and fun and not very hard to play. I also enjoy a bit of hockey, some baseball, and a tad of wrestling. I love playing on my Nintendo and computer because they are relaxing and entertaining. The last thing I will mention is building LEGO because it uses the imagination. Life can be difficult at times [Does it ever!]. With school, homework and chores to do at home it is those special activities that make my life special and enjoyable.

***

Page 10: MY PET PEEVES

Pictures are captioned "boredom," "school," and "sister."

***


THE END?
(I certainly hope not!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

aaaaaaahahahhaha KERFUFFLES!!!